The Baltimore Ravens reportedly reached a three-year, $30 million agreement with former Rams DT Michael Brockers last week, but the deal is yet to be made official.
The reason, according to The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, is that the independent doctor that conducted Brockers’ physical “turned up concerns” about the condition of Brockers’ ankle. The defensive tackle suffered a high-ankle sprain late last year while he was still with the Rams.
Brockers’ agent, Scott Casterline, told NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo on Wednesday that “I’m very confident Michael will be announced as a Raven this week.”
Earlier Wednesday, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the club likely had interest in defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh as a result of Brockers’ physical.
Suh, however, reportedly agreed to a one-year deal with the Buccaneers on Wednesday afternoon.
Through eight seasons in the NFL, Brockers has missed five games, with just two of those coming since his rookie season in 2012. Brockers was the No. 14 pick in the 2012 NFL draft.
Keep up with the latest news and rumors around the NFL:
- The Cowboys have re-engaged with Dak Prescott’s camp about a long-term deal that would make Prescott the highest-paid player in franchise history. (Mike Fisher, SI Cowboys Maven)
- All options are still on the table in terms of Andy Dalton’s future with the Bengals. The team is in no rush, however, to make a decision about their long-time QB. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Chicago is adding former Seahawks OT Germain Ifedi on a one-year deal. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Former Saints safety Vonn Bell has agreed to a three-year deal with the Bengals. (Ian Rapoport & Mike Garafolo, NFL Network)
- The Jets have agreed to a deal with former Ravens LB Patrick Onwuasor. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Former Rams CB Nickell Robey-Coleman is joining the Eagles on one-year deal. (Josina Anderson, ESPN)
- Dallas is signing former first-round pick Dontari Poe as a means to bolster their defensive line. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Former Titans WR Tajae Sharpe is signing with the Vikings on one-year deal. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Former Chiefs tight end Blake Bell is signing with the Cowboys. (Todd Archer, ESPN)
- Washington agreed to terms on a deal with former Giants and Broncos WR Cody Latimer. (Mike Garafolo, NFL Network)